Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Microsoft Surface Table Thing.

I've meant to blog about the new Surface / Table from Microsoft all day but it seemed a little dull and it's nowhere near ready for the humble consumer yet. Now I've seen the video (link below) I am a little more enthused - mainly as you can order and pay for drinks/food with it when in a restaurant (without waiting for bored waiter/ess) and that's something I've wanted to do for ages. Especially the drinks bit.












The Surface is a 30 inch table-like display (retailing at $10,000) that supports multi-touch, multi-user interface, object recognition and gestural interaction. There will be limited 2007 rollouts in T-Mobile stores, Starwood hotels, and Harrah's in Vegas.

via Gizmodo, here's a video of Bill Gates showing off his table which looks pretty nifty to me!

No comments: